Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Have Yourself a Scrappy Little Christmas....

Another easy and quick Christmas idea!

Make some fabric by layering pieces {scraps} of fabric and stitching it down around each edge.  Here I am using a variety of Japanese Cotton/Linen blends.  I stitched my scraps to a layer of Linen and Batting.   You could also use duck cloth instead of linen to give it more stiffness. Then I added another piece of fabric to the back after all the pieces were stitched down.  And then quilted the entire piece with close straight lines.

Gather some yarn, perle cotton, sparkly do-dads....


From your fabric, cut out a letter - an initial....I used letter cut-outs from the local educational supply shop...


String through a corner and add some fun baubles.....there you go....an easy Christmas ornament!

Of course, it is always better to give than to receive....BUT when you have wonderful and creative bloggy friends....sometimes you get to receive too!!!!


I am so lucky to have made some very special friendships....don't you love blogging?

   Thank you so much Suz......I **heart** you!!!
TGIF!!!!
mary :)



14 comments:

  1. cute idea mary! and i agree i love all of my bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really makes me want to squeal with pure delight...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you're a genius! That is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your M idea!! Brilliant!! So are those decorations from Suz!! The little stocking with the embroidered hand in the heart is just amazing. Soo Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The initials are Soooo wonderful. I think I will make some into tags for gifts--oooooh noooooo--another project.....:-))) Julierose{ merci beaucoup}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea for a personalized Christmas decoration! And I have lots of pretty beads my Mum used to use for her crafting projects! Pure genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! That is really beautiful ornament and a great idea! You have done also so many other beautiful things - somehow your latest posts didn't come to my reader. I enjoy always visiting you because your crafts are unique!
    Have a wonderful Christmas! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant Mary ... love it to bits ... will make such great gift tags that become keyrings! thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Mary how do you do what you do to me!? (Gerry & the Pacemakers) Amaze, excite and inspire! Ta very much! Must get my letters done - how big are yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been a very good girl to get such sweet treats, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy some anthropologie inspirtion going on!! Much better though cos you made it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! Love the things Suz sent, that boot is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute idea, Mary. And how fun to get that package in the mail!

    ReplyDelete